Re: Sharing of major number

  see, major no basically says that the device is of a particular type [eg. Printer in
this case], but the minor no is the one who specifies a particular functionality of the
driver. For eg in case of Printer only Major = 6, but minor can be 0,1,2,3... which
basically decides a particular type of printer.

Thanks.
Sumit Sharma,
IBM, Bangalore.