Using kobject_hotplug when forking?

Hello,

I saw some exchange on this mailing list about the kernel event user space notification during a fork and it interests me a lot as I'm trying to move the job accounting in the user space. To achieve this I need to receive information when a process forks in order to manage the jobs (which are a group of processes) with a user space daemon.

I don't know what is the best way to pass this information and here is my question concerning kernel event notification:

Do you think that, when a fork occurs, the information can be send to a user space progam through the kobject_hotplug() routine. I don't know exactly how it works (that's why I ask help) but as far as I can understand, if I add a kobject_action (for example KOBJ_FORK) and if I use kobject_hotplug(struct kobject ???, KOBJ_FORK), I should be able to call a user space application in the /etc/hotplug directory that will pass the information (like process X forks and its child is Y) to my user space daemon that will manage the group of processes. Does it make sense to you?

Thanks for your help
Best,

Guillaume