From: "Ravi Kumar" <ravivsn@rocsys.com>
To: "venum" <venum@intoto.com>
Cc: <kernelnewbies@nl.linux.org>
Sent: Monday, July 05, 2004 3:35 AM
Subject: Re: netif_rx dropping the packet

Hi Venu Maya,
May be you know that there are differenet types of NF_HOOKS. If a
firewall wants to hook for packets, generally they do at Pre-routing and
post routing. In the virtual tunnel, you create, the packets will be of
SELF to OUTGOING type. The in and outgoing self packets will defnitely
hit the above hooks. So, you need not bother about Netfilter hooks. You
can use IPTUNNEL_XMIT macro ,defined in ipip.h

#define IPTUNNEL_XMIT() do {                                            \
       int err;                                                        \
       int pkt_len = skb->len;                                         \
                                                                       \
       skb->ip_summed = CHECKSUM_NONE;                                 \
       iph->tot_len = htons(skb->len);                                 \
       printk("<1>Total Length:%d\n",skb->len);                        \
       ip_select_ident(iph, &rt->u.dst, NULL);                         \
       ip_send_check(iph);     \
       err = NF_HOOK(PF_INET, NF_IP_LOCAL_OUT, skb, NULL,
rt->u.dst.dev, do_ip_send); \
} while (0)

static inline int do_ip_send(struct sk_buff *skb)
{
               return ip_send(skb);
}

Cheers,
-Ravi
ROCSYS Technologies Ltd.,
http://www.rocsys.com

venum wrote:

Hi Ravi Kumar,

Thanks for the response.
I am encapsulating the packet in the dummy ethernet device.
From the Send function of this dummy device,I am passing the packet to

the

stack using 'netif_rx' so that it will go through all the 'net filter'
hooks.
I do not know if I can use 'ip_send' for the same purpose.

--- venu maya