SoftIRQ's

Hi,
In the softIRQ documentation, it was given that it(softIRQ)
can run on two system simultanesouly on two CPU's, and this
is where tasklet differs from the softIRQ.
how can a softIRQ run simultanesouly on more than one cpu?
in the real world where is this requirement that can
come up? Is there ne thing wrong with my understanding?
thanks
Suresh

V.V Suresh Kumar

IndiaInfo Mail - the free e-mail service with a difference! www.indiainfo.com
Check out our value-added Premium features, such as an extra 20MB for mail storage, POP3, e-mail forwarding, and ads-free mailboxes!