Re: Re: query related to /proc and read_write.c file

Hi Parag,

I am not sure whether I understand your original question correctly. However if you are looking for a way to communicate between the kernel and user space through the /proc interface, the link given below (Chapter 5 of LKPMG) does talk about it.

However you will need to use "create_proc_entry" or "create_proc_read_entry" in kernels 2.4 or higher (according as to whether you need a read/write or a read-only interface) instead of "proc_register" as given there. You can check out the code in the file
<linux-src>/fs/proc/proc_misc.c

In create_proc_read_entry, you can directly specify a read function. If you are using create_proc_entry, you will have to specify the read and write functions through appropriate entries of "struct proc_dir_entry" and "struct file_operations".

regards,
Praveen.