segmentation_off

hi,
segmantation cannot disable,as specified in intel
manuals,although we can make it off by giving base
address 0x00000000,
and this is what linux kernel does ,but not write from
boot ,and thus as specified in mail about kernel
physical memory allocation at boot,
it has to specified some base address in descriptors
so to generate LA greater than 0xc0000000 for that
base address in descriptors  are 0xc0000000
then after paging is on segmenatation is off
i want to inquire this is true or not
thanks
Prasanna V. Wakhare