PCI doubt!

hi all,

had a few doubts regarding pci architecture.

1) where does the PCI configuration space actually reside on the hardware?
   is it the sitting on the PCI controller or on the memory of the NIC
   itself?

2) where is the PCI I/O & Memory space usually mapped? is it mapped to a
   certain portion of the RAM?

3) When the PC boots up does my system BIOS configure these memeory regions
   i.e is there some place from where my driver can get an info as to what
   all memeory regions have been requested by a NIC?

4) When my ethernet driver does a probe can it rely on the BIOS (under intel
   arch.) to provide it with some usefull info?

TIA
- /dev/mandeep