Re: hal / dbus / udev problem

On Tue, Jan 06, 2004 at 07:09:58PM -0800, Kiran Kumar wrote:
> --- Greg KH <greg@kroah.com> wrote:
> > > USB mouse (a duplicate of what I normally use), I
> > can
> > > see the sysfs being updated, but I do not find any
> > > entries being created in /udev. Also hal device
> > > manager does not reflect these changes.
> >
> > This is because there is not any sysfs kernel
> > support for input devices
> > (like mice) just yet.  So udev does not see the
> > change.
>
>   But, If the sysfs is being updated ( I find entries
> like "/sys/bus/usb/drivers/hid/2-2:1.0" ) getting
> added to sysfs. Does that still mean that sysfs kernel
> support is not there. What more does sysfs kernel
> support imply?

For udev to work, you need to see a file called "dev" in a /sys/class/*
directory.  For mice, that would entail a entry in the /sys/class/input
directory.  But input sysfs support is not enabled yet, sorry.

You are seeing the USB sysfs support which is for devices, not classes.

Hope this helps,

greg k-h