Re: hal / dbus / udev problem

On Tue, Jan 06, 2004 at 01:24:03AM -0800, Kiran Kumar wrote:
> Hi,
>   I am trying to get hal up and running, for which I
> have done the following.

This is probably better answered on either the HAL mailing list, or the
linux-hotplug-devel list.

>   I have dbus daemon, and hald running - hal device
> manager shows the devices. Now, as I plug in and out a
> USB mouse (a duplicate of what I normally use), I can
> see the sysfs being updated, but I do not find any
> entries being created in /udev. Also hal device
> manager does not reflect these changes.

This is because there is not any sysfs kernel support for input devices
(like mice) just yet.  So udev does not see the change.

I suggest you try a different type of device (like a scsi debug module)
that has sysfs support.

thanks,

greg k-h