fork() returns on parent but not returns on child

Hi all,
I am experiencing a problem, where fork() returns succesfully on parent, but
does not return on child.
The child process simply "disappears".
I believe it might have got a SIGSEGV (if it makes any sence) before fork()
has returned.

I would like to track down this problem.
What I did so far is:
1. I tried first to make sure there are no memory overruns using few tools.
2. I tried to look at strace output, but the problem does not occur if I use
strace
3. I made a UserModeLinux machine
and now I would like to breakpoint the created child before it crashes
(assuming it really crashes)

How do I do that ?

Thanks,
Nir