Re: kernel executable?

On the Lilo question:

                Yes, I did rerun lilo and it appeared that it knew about the
new kernal (bzImage.myker) and the original kernal that came out of the box
when i originally installed RH off the CDROM.???????

BTW, that kernel seems ???   to be booting and running!!!!!

I actually ran lilo twice (according to Kernel How TO V4.4)

It is my perception that running it the first time reinstalls it in the MBR
and the second time i ran it as  lilo -q  and it seemed to confirm that it
knew about both kernels (And they both were there during the boot and i can
chose between them at the Lilo prompt)

Chris,   I did run lilo -v and that confirmed it also  ( i think????)

I think now that it is executable because i do get the message shortly after
BIOS that it is "booting  the kernel) and a bunch of messages (just like the
other kernel fly by) until:

     it is stalling/hanging/crashing just after the RH query to enter the
Interactive mode

any ideas????????

Thanks,   Ron