Using propriarity modules

Hi all,

I'm using a vanilly RedHat8.0 Linux installation.

Due to the config-file :
CONFIG_MODVERSIONS=y
the kernel (and the modules) used by RedHat are using module versioning.
Am I right?

I'm trying to build a tainted module for the Nokia D211 pcpcia card. The
module comes as sources with a propriarity binary part to link to.

modprobing the module gives unresolved symbols. There are 4 of these
symbols not contained in the System.map for the kernel, and I found 3 of
them defined in modules in like shown below:

CardServices            CardServices_Re4eef0a4 in pcmcia_core.o
register_pccard_driver  register_pccard_driver_R1c442d6c in ds.o
unregister_pccard_driver unregister_pccard_driver_Rdb348cd2 in ds.o

Is the diskrepance between the names of the symbols due to the module
versioning ant thus - will I have to rebuild the kernel without module
versioning?

Furtheron, there is an undefined symbol:

__this_module

which I couldn't find in any module nor on the kernel's System map. Does
anyone know, where this module comes from?

Thanks in advance
Frank