Re: Trying to build 2.5.46 (now 47)

>Usually you know what hardware you have (if you build your kernel
>on your own). This includes IDE vs SCSI and the respecitve
>controller(s), ISA, PCI, or both of them etc.
>`lspci` lists PCI information and you cpuld look into /proc to find
>driver information in general.
>And no, there is no generic "list all my PC hardware" command or
>method, since this information is not available from the BIOS or
>somewhere else, so even the kernel (i.e. the respective drivers) has
>to probe and look if the supported hardware is actually available.

Actually, I don't really want a "generic list all my PC hardware command".
That would be nice, of course, but what I'd like is something that could
tell me what the results of all the kernel-probing are.  Thanks for telling
me about lspci, that's kind of what I'm looking for.  Another one I've
recently found out about is dmesg.

Anyway, at this point I know I have an ATI Rage XL AGP 2X (from lspci), but
I see nothing in the config that enables/disables this.  Any ideas?

Mark