case sensitivity

Hi,

I am working in a hetrougenous development envoronment that share code
through a source revision constrol system (not CVS). This is causing
some problems (make, etc.) when e.g a source file has an include
statement with incorrect case. This can easily be fixed, but it is not
convinient when having to correct many files.
I have currently worked around the problem with samba, but this is slow,
and are causing other problems due to lowercase convertion.

So, why are 'linux' filesystems case sensitive?
Having two files or directories that only differ by case is IMO wrong,
but should at least be controlable with a generic mount option.

I have briefly looked at the VFS code, and are uncertain of what parts
to change. Is it sufficient to only change fs/dcache: d_lookup?

thanks

petter wahlman