implementation of TCP timers in 2.4.9

Hi,
	I am trying to look through the implementation of timers in TCP.I found
the functions that implement the three main timers but havent been able to
trace the code.if someone could tell me for example how the kernel
implements retransmission and what values of the tcp_opt structure it
makes use of.
        Basically i just want to trace the entire code from where the kernel timer ticks
to how it compares values from say the retransmission queue and then actually decides what
packets to retransmit.

thanks a lot.

---

  - Amit