intercept syscall on Solaris using proc

Hi there!

I don't know whether I can put forward any queries related to Solaris.
But anyhow here it goes.

I want to intercept the syscalls made by a process, using the /proc under Solaris. How do I go about it?

This is to implement the "FTP filesystem" which makes the access to remote FTP files transparent.

I want my process to be informed when some child process does some syscall that is of interest to me & take the appropriate action and send the result back to the child process.

(U can guide me to some webpages that describe it in detail....If there are any good pages on the web.)

Thanks a lot.

Imtiaz.