Re: Linux under high load

Hi,

Thank you for your reply,
- There are no zombies, however sometimes there are one or two processes that remain in the running state even after being killed (i.e. they must hang in some kernel
function). They continue
spending CPU time, and they even continue to run after I forcibly remove the module (by decrementing 'manually' it's usage count). These processes do however not explain
the module's usage count, which remains higher than could be explained by the one or two remaining users.
- I am quite sure that there are no memory leaks - I ran the driver with lower load/ lower memory
consumption (i.e. less processes competing for access to the driver and the driver accepting only 16 rather than 32 processes simultaneously). I could run it for over 12
hours, and after (successfully) killing all processes, everything was OK - i.e. the driver's usage count dropped back to 0 and the amount of free memory (seen by free -b)
was the same as before running the test. So the problem really seems to be linked to the high CPU load / low memory situation.

regards
Martin