Re: post

Hi,
  Whenever there is a open on the device the operations corresponding to
your device are copied into the i-node at the VFS layer. Then any
subsequent requests are routed to your routines directly using the
requests. There is a open routine that you provide with your device that
gets called when there is a open on your device. You can do any
open-specific initializations here.

  I guess this will solve the problem.

-Pradeep

--