Async wake-up in sockets.

I found this struct fasync_struct in the socket
data-structure(linux/net.h). But I
could not
locate any routines which can help me wait in this queue so as to wake up
whenever there is an event corresponding to the socket. Can someone let me
know of what are the available routines or give some pointers as to where
I can find them.

Thanks,
--
-Pradeep