From: "Pichai Raghavan" <ragh_avan@rediffmail.com>
To: <kernelnewbies@nl.linux.org>
Sent: Thursday, December 06, 2001 11:17 PM
Subject: Strange problem

> Hi,
>
> I am running Linux on a diskledd MIPS based board. I am having only around
6 MB of RAM and I am running a root file system off compressed RAM file
system. I am using glibc-2.2.3. Initially I am able to run programs off my
root file system but when the free RAM approaches around 500 K (which I see
from /proc/meminfo) the ld.so gives a strange problem when I sometimes load
binary by saying

> " cannot find symbol in libc-2.2.3.so"
>
> On doing a symbol lookup in libc I find the symbol there. The worst part
is if I try starting it again after a second or 2, it works fine. I am
unable to deduce if it is linker or VM problem. Can any VM gurus out there
help me? Can linux misbehave when it is low on physical memory?