Re: follow-up to /proc files

On Thu, 1 Nov 2001, Eva Barcelon wrote:

> i noticed that /proc is just a pseudo-file system so i guess i cant
> edit the files.

You can't write /proc/interrupts if that is the file you want to modify.
Some /proc/ entries allow writing but this depends on the driver that
registered them.

> the reason i want to is because the irq for my intel8x0 is set to 10;
> im not getting any sounds and i guess the reason is that the irq
> should be set to 9.

Isn't it a PCI card? The irq is automatically detected (allocated at boot
time if it is a PCI) so, you can't change it and this is the reason why
the module does not have any "irq" parameter.

How did you find out that the irq shoud be set to 9?

--
Catalin

http://www.messagelabs.com/stats.asp

-