Re: change mouse - reboot

On Mon, Oct 29, 2001 at 09:14:11PM -0500, Jeremy Andrews wrote:

>   Does anyone have ideas why unplugging my old PS/2 mouse and plugging in a new
> one would have caused my Linux system to reboot!?  Nothing fancy in the change,
> except that my old one was possessed, randomly veering around the screen at the
> most inopportune times.  Ode to dust and dog hair...  ;^)

P/S 2 isn't hot-pluggable :)

I've done this a couple of times, and it always hangs.

Amusingly enough I can wrench the floppy drive out of my old masquerading box downstairs,
and it survives every time ;)

john

--
"If the software that a company produces isn't reliable, adding a bunch of
'Mother, may I' rules to the language and the code won't fix it."