Re: re-routing multicast pkts after mangle table marking

On Wed, Dec 02, 2020 at 07:35:07PM +0200, Eliezer Croitor wrote:
> There is a difference between packets which are dropped to the nic itself
> and traffic which is bounded to a specific ip address.
> From what I remember( and my memory is not the best as it was..) the last
> time I checked on Debian jessie you couldn't do any routing
> decision on a bounded socket.
> Maybe on newer versions of the kernel or another OS it's not the same.

But remember that `ip rule dport…` works (available in Buster) and it
interacts with the same sockets as fwmark does but `ip rule fwmark…`
doesn't work. So evidence suggest that there are indeed routing
decisions being made for those sockets.

Also note that I have done tests on sockets with sendto() without
explicit binding with any address or interface.

--
Marcin Szewczyk
http://wodny.org