nftables vs iptables+ipset

I know I am sounding naive, but I am still unable to find even a
single reason to switch to nft.

Not even the simple syntax, as I am comfortable with iptables and
ipset fo r last 13 years.

Even its performance is at times worst than iptables when simple rules
are tested.

When inline sets are used, then also performance is subpar as compared
with iptables+ipset.

Even dictionaries can be be managed with ipset + skbmark and give better result.

I am unable to find a use-case,  in my limited thinking, where nft
outperforms iptables+ipset.

Is it like we are meanwhile focusing on features and performance is a
secondary aspect as of now and will be seen later
OR
I am simply missing an obvious thing??