Re: nftables: How to filter only ipv6 SSH traffic in an inet table?

Dear Duncan,

thank you for looking into this! I'm sorry for not having replied to
you sooner... I'm having exams right now so I'm short on time...

I carefully read all your examples and learned a lot from it, thank you
for posting it. I hope I soon have more time for experimenting
with netfilter again...

> > while stand-alone *nft list ruleset* shows:
> >
> > > table inet filter {
> > >	 chain input {
> > >		 type filter hook input priority 100; policy drop;
> > >		 iif != "wlan0" accept
> > >		 tcp dport ssh counter packets 0 bytes 0 accept
> > >		 tcp dport ssh counter packets 0 bytes 0 accept
> > >		 counter packets 0 bytes 0 log prefix "nft6: "
> > >	level debug }
> > > }
> >
> I just re-tried this with the latest git snapshot (latest change
> 2018-02-15), and the output from stand-alone *nft list ruleset* has
> changed to:
>
> > table inet filter {
> >         chain input {
> >                 type filter hook input priority 100; policy drop;
> >                 iif != "wlan0" accept
> >                 ip6 nexthdr tcp tcp dport ssh counter packets 0
> > bytes 0 accept meta nfproto ipv6 tcp dport ssh counter packets 0
> > bytes 0 accept meta l4proto ipv6-icmp counter packets 1 bytes 72
> > accept counter packets 1 bytes 84 log prefix "nft6: " level debug
> >         }
> > }
>
> i.e. exactly as per the original script (whitespace and counter
> values excepted)

Great! So it seems there was an issue with "nft" and it has been
corrected. :)

Thanks!
--
Merlin Büge