Re: Service names

>> * Is there some way to view the name-to-port mappings exposed by
>> inet_service, aside from digging around in source code?
>
> # nft describe tcp dport
> [...]

Perfect. Thanks!

>> * Is there some way to provide insert custom name-to-port mappings
>> into the inet_service lookup table? Or is this a terrible, horrible,
>> no-good idea?
>
> There is not, but probably you want to define a variable for this
> instead in your ruleset.

Variables are definitely a better way to handle things.

For the record, and in case someone else googles their way to this
archived conversation, I consulted with the nftables wiki scripting
page, [1] and wrote some variables like this:

    define ssh_srv1 = 30022
    define syncthing_core_user1 = 22000
    define syncthing_core_user2 = 22001
    define services_srv1 = {