dst nat failover only while port is closed

Hello World :)

I am interested in following scenario with iptables (if such is possible).

Setup:

1. Ext Firewall nats port Z to server A.
2. Application X listens on port Z of server A
3. It happens that application X crashes for a couple of seconds and
get's restarted by a monit.

Question:

Is it possible to perform Nat on server A itself, to server B, that
will took place only until application is restarted (only while no one
is listening on port Z) otherwise expose port Z to back to
application.

Reason:

The idea is to provide a failover, uninterrupted service even when app
crash occurs.

P.S. Please without "why you are this and that..." questions instead
suggestions. I need it the way i need it, questions are if it is
possible, and, if yes, how :)

P.P.S. It's tcp traffic, non persistant connections.

Thanks for help in advance!

Best Regards,

--
Stefan Certic
Chief Technology Officer

stefan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
CS Network Solutions Limited

84 High Street, Southall, Middlesex, UB1 3DB. United Kingdom

London Switchboard: +442071933539
Belgrade Operations: +38112448755

Web: www.cs-networks.net