Re: bug in iptables-restore and "recent" module

On 17.02.2015 09:52, Pascal Hambourg wrote:
> richard lucassen a écrit :

>>> That sounds like expected behaviour. Where's the bug ?
>>
>> I'd say in iptables-restore. Apparently the -t (test) does not notice
>> that there is a problem while the real iptables-restore does.
>
> Sorry, my question was not clear enough. Let me rephrase.
>
> As -t does not commit the tables to the kernel, I do not expect it to
> detect errors related to the kernel configuration. So I do not see any
> bug in your description, it sounds like expected behaviour to me. Where
> do you see a bug in that behaviour ?

This should probably be mentioned in the man page. Most people would
think that if the ruleset passes a test with -t this means the ruleset
can be activated. Which part specifically of the mentioned rule is it
that cannot be tested without being committed the rule in the kernel?

Regards,
  Dennis