Re: dyn. SNAT based on different source addresses?

Would a plain unencrypted GRE tunnel between the TS and the file server
alleviate the problem? Or if data security is a concern, set up a proper VPN
between them. And use iptables (and other firewalls as necessary) to limit
traffic as desired whether it's a simple tunnel or a VPN. (You don't want the
tunnel to be an easy bypass around the firewall.)