Re: dyn. SNAT based on different source addresses?

> I am still unsure why do you need the complications?
> A basic masquerade rule should be good enough to work with a fileserver.

Yes and No, SMB does work over NAT but NOT for more than ONE Client.
The reason is described in the link I gave
(msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee441661.aspx)
There are two possibilities.
- Clients counts VC from 1 instead 0
- Server ignores "special meaning -> reseting) of VC=0

If Fileserver = samba, the you have the option to disable reseting on VC=0
(reset on zero vc, default disabled) On Windows server does not exist
such option.
=> .. or read man page for smb.conf and read "reset on zero vc"

For Clients, Microsoft brings for Windows 2008/Windows 7 and greater
a special patch, that
counts from VC from 1.

Now, over 100 Terminal Servers (w2k3) must use a fileserver in a other
company ....
Update all of them is no option in short time ...

> Maybe you are having other settings wrong.
No!

> You can use a routing rule to use a specific device with specific IP
> for a specific src.
I don't understand ...

> iptables do not really supports dynamic NAT rules by default.
that sounds, that there are hacks available?

Thanks Meike