Filtering inbound DNS traffic

I want to filter malicious inbound DNS traffic, specifically DNS requests with invalid opcodes.  Is anyone out there doing this?  Interested in your methodology.   I started experimenting with u32 but I'm not sure I'm on the right track, maybe there is a better way?

iptables --insert INPUT -p udp --dport 53 -m u32 --u32 "0x2a=0x35313020" -j logdrop -m comment --comment "dropping non-query opcode packets"

I've been using packet captures to try and identify what I should be blocking but I don't have this pinned down correctly.  The relative position of the opcode is moving?