Re: A question about routing cache (for load balancing).

2013/11/7 Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> This is the part when I got confused while trying to understand the "ipv4
> route cache removed".
> ip route show cache will show "blank".
> but when I run ip route get 201 I see the result with "cache".

I was a little confused... rs
Are you working with a *disabled routing cache kernel*?

IMHO, as the Neal Murphy comment... the configuration that you showed
does not allow balance per packet.
You need the routing cache to avoid this problem. Just set gc_interval
and gc_timeout values according to what you need.

During 60sec (default) you get the same gateway (for all lookups).
But each learned path will be maintained by gc_timeout sec.
After this time, the system selects a new gateway and eliminates expired paths.

Just decrease these values and not set to 0.