Re: A question about routing cache (for load balancing).

On 11/07/2013 12:26 PM, Humberto Jucá wrote:
Hi,

The cache control for load balance can be done with:
By load balance I am talking about Route load balance.

1. scheduled flush (to remove old entries)
/proc/sys/net/ipv4/route/gc_interval
OK so every 60 secs remove the old entries?

2. Lifetime of each learned route
/proc/sys/net/ipv4/route/gc_timeout
which I should see using "ip route show cache" ?

If you want a aggressive load balance
echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/route/gc_interval
echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/route/gc_timeout
Agrressive load balance? how exactly?
we are talking about route which will have series issues with that.

But the ideal is not to change the gc_timeout.
You certainly have problems with https.
I will have.. but not just with https but with any tcp protocol that dont like the packets to be sent 1 to 1 host and 2 to 2 host and 3 to host 3.

I tend to set gc_interval with 1 and  a higher value for gc_timeout.

I will try to ask about it more in the netdev later.

Thanks,
Eliezer