Re: A question about routing cache (for load balancing).

Hi,

The cache control for load balance can be done with:

1. scheduled flush (to remove old entries)
/proc/sys/net/ipv4/route/gc_interval

2. Lifetime of each learned route
/proc/sys/net/ipv4/route/gc_timeout

If you want a aggressive load balance
echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/route/gc_interval
echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/route/gc_timeout

But the ideal is not to change the gc_timeout.
You certainly have problems with https.

I tend to set gc_interval with 1 and  a higher value for gc_timeout.