RE: Fwd: ipset and counters

On Tue, 7 May 2013, tian fang wrote:

> I suspect your "depmod" utility is not configured to process the
> /lib/modules/`uname -r`/extra/ directory, in which the modules are installed
> by the command "make modules_install".
>
> It's strange. You're the second reporting such kind of problem.
> What is your distribution and what's its version?
>
>      I am using ubuntu 12.04 LTS.

I'll check this out: it should work without any extra effort.

> And I got an issue ,I am sorry if I am wrong because I am a quite newbie.
>
> I am confused of the "--match-set setname src,dst" .  it seems only the one
> before the comma is functional. Please look at this .
>
> I added an IP into the ipset sec,and set the iptables FORWARD Chain as "dst,
> src" ,I guess this means dst OR src, but unfortunately ,my outgoing packages
> was dropped.
>
> If I set two separated lines ,it works.

If the dimension of the set is less than the direction parameters of the
set match/SET target, then that's ignored.

With "--match-set setname src,dst" you instruct ipset that if the named
set stores IP address and port number pairs, then get the source and
destination parameters from the packets, say 192.168.1.1 as source
address, TCP port 80 as destination, form the element 192.168.1.1,tcp:80
and look it up in the given set.

You can't store and lookup IP address pairs, if that's what you want.

Best regards,
Jozsef

-