RE: Fwd: ipset and counters

-----Original Message-----
From: Jozsef Kadlecsik [mailto:kadlec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 2013年5月7日 2:28
To: tian fang
Cc: netfilter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Fwd: ipset and counters

On Mon, 6 May 2013, tian fang wrote:

> > > So the ipset binary does support counters. Then what is the output
> > > of "modinfo ip_set_bitmap_ip"? Also, if you had the previous ipset
> > > kernel modules loaded in, then just installing them won't unload them.
> >
> >     I successfully built and executed ipset 6.19 ,but when I try to
> > run this command, I failed.
> >
> > iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -m set --match-set ipc src,dst -j
> > MASQUERADE
> > iptables: No chain/target/match by that name.
> >
> > could you please help me on this ?
>
> [There's no ipset 6.19 yet.]
>
> I succeeded after I sudo cp xt_set.ko
> /lib/modules/3.5.0-28-generic/kernel/net/netfilter/ .
> Thanks for your help.
> But I am just alittlebit curious why can't I do it by make install.

I suspect your "depmod" utility is not configured to process the
/lib/modules/`uname -r`/extra/ directory, in which the modules are installed
by the command "make modules_install".

It's strange. You're the second reporting such kind of problem.
What is your distribution and what's its version?

Best regards,
Jozsef
-
Jozsef,
     I am using ubuntu 12.04 LTS.
And I got an issue ,I am sorry if I am wrong because I am a quite newbie.

I am confused of the "--match-set setname src,dst" .  it seems only the one
before the comma is functional. Please look at this .

I added an IP into the ipset sec,and set the iptables FORWARD Chain as "dst,
src" ,I guess this means dst OR src, but unfortunately ,my outgoing packages
was dropped.

If I set two separated lines ,it works.

Could you please help me on this?

Great appreciation !
Tian

tfang@gateway:~$ sudo iptables -nvL
Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT 83 packets, 4308 bytes)
 pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source
destination

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT 0 packets, 0 bytes)
 pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source
destination
    0     0 ACCEPT     all  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0
0.0.0.0/0            match-set sec dst,src
    4   252 DROP       all  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0
0.0.0.0/0

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT 114 packets, 14440 bytes)
 pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source
destination

E-mail  : kadlec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, kadlecsik.jozsef@xxxxxxxxxxxxx PGP key :
http://www.kfki.hu/~kadlec/pgp_public_key.txt
Address : Wigner Research Centre for Physics, Hungarian Academy of Sciences
          H-1525 Budapest 114, POB. 49, Hungary