Re: ipset - understanding hash size and maxelem

On Thu, 11 Apr 2013 16:05:59 +0200
Jimmy Thrasibule <thrasibule.jimmy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> hashsize default value is 1024, minimum seems to be 64 on my system.
> You can specify hashsize to gain memory or have a bigger hash. If you
> already know the maximum size of your set, you can specify hashsize
> near to that value and maxelem to limit the set (for example to
> prevent accidental additions).

Thanks for your answer. Is there a way to calculate the memory footprint
of certain number of ipset entries? For example 100.000 entries need
100.000 x 2 byte... Or is it possible to display it somehow for an
existing set?

@jimmy: sorry for double sending.