ipset - bitmap:ip,mac kernel crashes, errors

Hi all,

We are experiencing crashes with ipset (6.12) on a debian/wheezy with
default kernel image (3.2.0). Using the bitmap:ip,mac set type + timeout
support (all is ok without timeout support) triggers the problem
systematically. A kernel panic occurs after issuing command 'ipset list'
(sometimes a couple of times) when the total number of entries within a
set exceeds a limit - 101 in my case -.

A recent kernel (tested on 3.8.6) improves the situation. No more crashes,
but it's still impossible to output all entries. We get a Kernel error:

- With the default debian ipset version:
ipset v6.12.1: Kernel error received: No buffer space available

- And the last version:
ipset v6.17: Kernel error received: No buffer space available

I've seen on this list discussions about crashes, then a bug fix on
version 6.15. Some have experienced the same kernel error but no
workaround seems to be available. We are using the bitmap:ip,mac set type
on several captive portal servers. 'ipset list' command is a convenient
way for us to check for active users. Ideas to fix this problem ?

Thanks in advance,
Best regards,
Yoann.

--
Université de Nantes - Direction des Systèmes d'Information
IM jabber: yoann.juet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx