Re: ipset - bitmap:ip,mac kernel crashes, errors

> On Thu, 11 Apr 2013, Yoann JUET wrote:
>
>> We are experiencing crashes with ipset (6.12) on a debian/wheezy with
>> default kernel image (3.2.0). Using the bitmap:ip,mac set type + timeout
>> support (all is ok without timeout support) triggers the problem
>> systematically. A kernel panic occurs after issuing command 'ipset list'
>> (sometimes a couple of times) when the total number of entries within a
>> set exceeds a limit - 101 in my case -.
>>
>> A recent kernel (tested on 3.8.6) improves the situation. No more
>> crashes,
>> but it's still impossible to output all entries. We get a Kernel error:
>>
>> - With the default debian ipset version:
>> ipset v6.12.1: Kernel error received: No buffer space available
>>
>> - And the last version:
>> ipset v6.17: Kernel error received: No buffer space available
>
> Were the kernel modules from the ipset package installed?
> What's the output of the command 'modinfo ip_set_hash_netport'?

I'm using ipset modules from the kernel tree:

# modinfo ip_set_hash_netport
filename:
/lib/modules/3.8.6-dsiun-130219/kernel/net/netfilter/ipset/ip_set_hash_netport.ko
alias:          ip_set_hash:net,port
author:         Jozsef Kadlecsik <kadlec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
license:        GPL
depends:        ip_set
intree:         Y
vermagic:       3.8.6-dsiun-130219 SMP mod_unload modversions