Re: Wrapper script for ipset listing

On Wed, Jan 09, 2013 at 07:52:44AM +0100, Born Without wrote:
> On 07.01.2013 08:59, Jozsef Kadlecsik wrote:

> >>I have taken Joszef into Cc..
>
> [...]
>

> >In order to parse the output produced by ipset, one should take into
> >account the followings:
> >
> >- New header elements may appear but the header part is always
> >   started by "Name:" and ended by "Members:".
> >- New value parameters may appear but those are appended to the existing
> >   ones.
> >
> >If those "rules" are taken into account, then shell/perl/etc scripts can
> >safely parse the output.
> >

> Thank you Joszef for that information.
> I've taken it into account and adapted the script.
> Also added:
> -a parameter to act just like 'ipset list', but with whitespace as
> default delim.
> comments and examples.
>
> Best regards

> #!/bin/bash

Suggestion: Some explicit header with licensing terms of your script
is a good idea if you want to share things, otherwise the law in most
countries defaults to "all right reserved".

And if you use the same license than ipset, it may help Jozsef to
consider adding that to some contrib directory. Or you can just
publish it in your personal website.