Re: New/Updated L7 netfilter option - nDPI

On 10/28/2012 6:57 PM, Ed W wrote:
I compile for a non-installed (cross compiled) kernel with:

     NDPI_PATH=/usr/src/nDPI KERNEL_DIR=/usr/src/linux make

If you need MODULES_DIR (not sure why?) then I guess just add that

You can install the kernel module easily enough, either by adding
"modules_install" to the end of the above (lib location should be picked
up automatically) or manually with something as simple as:

     mkdir /lib/modules/your_kernel/extra
     cp src/xt_ndpi.ko /lib/modules/your_kernel/extra
     depmod -a

Incidentally, not sure why use that /extra directory?  Anyone got a
better suggestion on location?

Obviously *also* install the netfilter module (ipt/libxt_ndpi.so) into
your netfilter modules location

Does that get you going?

Ed W
I'm OK dont have any problems and done it manually already.
since it was loaded by modprobe and iptables -m ndpi -help works now I can test small things like marking packets to make sure it wont break anything.

Will look on it in the next few days.

Eliezer
--
Eliezer Croitoru