Re: New/Updated L7 netfilter option - nDPI

On 28/10/2012 16:51, Eliezer Croitoru wrote:
On 10/28/2012 6:03 PM, Ed W wrote:
Test??  What does that word mean? :-)

I think the error means that you don't have libxt_ndpi.so in a location
that your iptables expects to find it?  Often it's /usr/lib/xtables or
/lib/xtables.  Check where other things are and place the file
appropriately

Does that fix it?
/usr/lib it is, /lib/ .. dosnt work for me.

also notice that the "MODULES_DIR" and "KERNEL_DIR" are needed for my system. If and only if you have an idea how to make the Makefile recognize the proper "lib" directory and install the module it will be much more helpful to others.

I compile for a non-installed (cross compiled) kernel with:

    NDPI_PATH=/usr/src/nDPI KERNEL_DIR=/usr/src/linux make

If you need MODULES_DIR (not sure why?) then I guess just add that

You can install the kernel module easily enough, either by adding "modules_install" to the end of the above (lib location should be picked up automatically) or manually with something as simple as:

    mkdir /lib/modules/your_kernel/extra
    cp src/xt_ndpi.ko /lib/modules/your_kernel/extra
    depmod -a

Incidentally, not sure why use that /extra directory? Anyone got a better suggestion on location?

Obviously *also* install the netfilter module (ipt/libxt_ndpi.so) into your netfilter modules location

Does that get you going?

Ed W