Re: iptable rate limit challenge.. help please..!

Jan thank you so much..

I have been exploring severla options. Yes iam aware the risk of blocking a country but one only serves a select group of countries as the end user so...

Finally can you please help me understand why this rule alone does not drop packets from an IP that is sending more then 3 requests per minute to port 80?

iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 80 -m state --state NEW -m limit --limit 3/min --limit-burst 3 -j DROP

Regards,
JP