Re: ipset causes reverse dns lookups?

On Tue, 17 Apr 2012, Amos Jeffries wrote:

> On 16/04/2012 9:55 p.m., Jozsef Kadlecsik wrote:

> > > Thanks so much for replying!
> > >
> > > This is a uclibc 0.9.33.1 system, x86. Resolver chain is /etc/hosts, then
> > > dns.
> > > Local dnsmasq is installed.
> > That comes from the implementation of "getaddrinfo" in uclibc then. ipset
> > itself does not force reverse DNS lookups.
>
> FWIW, I have recently been dealing with user complains with other software
> when built with uclibc. The uclibc implementation has been caught ignoring
> AI_NUMERICHOST and performing full remote resolution when passed numeric IPs
> for conversion.

That'd bad, because then DNS lookup is always performed - and cannot be
switched off. Hopefully they'll fix the issue in uclibc. Thanks the info.

Best regards,
Jozsef
-
E-mail  : kadlec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, kadlecsik.jozsef@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Address : Wigner Research Centre for Physics, Hungarian Academy of Sciences
          H-1525 Budapest 114, POB. 49, Hungary