RE: Why Port trigger of DD-WRT requires nat table storing trigger ?

Thanks Jan,

I am not looking for DDWRT experts, I am just applying to the community wisdom to advice me on a question:

What is implication of using a mangle table versus nat table if no nat action (snat, dnat, masquerade) is requested ?

Why nat table is required to execute DNAT or SNAT ?

And finally I had a vey generic question ( and please excuse me  ) -  why we group chains in tables, can we make netfilter without tables ?

To discuss,  (or  clarify my misunderstanding )  the last  question I had posted a separate topic to the list.

Thx,
Lev