RE: iptables and virtual NIC

Hello folks,

I am a newbie to iptables and experimenting some stuff.  So please excuse me, if this has already been discussed.

I have a linux gateway which has a physical interface (eth0 ) and multiple virtual interfaces ( eth0:1, eth0:2), each has dynamic IP configured.
I want to create an iptables rule for  IP masquerading on eth0 , but packets going out on other interfaces should be left untouched. Is this possible?

I tried
-A POSTROUTING -o eth0 -j MASQUERADE
But it seems packet going out on virtual NICs ( aliases) are also hitting this rule.
Is there any way to solve this problem without using SNAT? Since I have IP address configured dynamically, there is no easy way to do SNAT.

Thanks

'Like' us on Facebook for exclusive content and other resources on all Barracuda Networks solutions.
Visit http://barracudanetworks.com/facebook