Re: Why Port trigger of DD-WRT requires nat table storing trigger ?

On Wednesday 2011-07-27 09:44, Olshvang, LevX wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I am porting DD-WRT port trigger implementation taken from DDWRT
>project. The logic of port trigger says : wait for somebody from LAN
>(br0 interface) to send tcp packed to port 6889 to Internet peer. Then
>Internet peer replies by sending packet to related port 9881 and
>firewall makes dnat translation.

DDWRT's xtables stack has been left behind 3 years ago and then
agglomerated with weird extra components with questionable uses,
including, but not limited to, ipt_TRIGGER, which is not even
documented to begin with, so chances for any explanations are quite
dim.