Re: [ANNOUNCE] ipset 6.5 released

On Tue, 17 May 2011, Mr Dash Four wrote:

> > Will attach these together with the above. I was quite pleased with it as it
> > enabled me to streamline the whole process (ipset 4.5 wasn't the only thing
> > I was building), so you may find this quite useful if you decide to update
> > v4.5.
> Here is the test case, I'll attach the rest privately to avoid the wrath of
> the mail list daemon.
>
> [root@test1 ~]# ipset -N slow_mirrors iptreemap --gc 300
> [root@test1 ~]# ipset -L slow_mirrors
> Name: slow_mirrors
> Type: hash:ip
> Header: family inet hashsize 1024 maxelem 65536
> Size in memory: 16512
> Members:
> [root@test1 ~]# ipset -A slow_mirrors 212.219.56.128/26
> [root@test1 ~]# ipset -A slow_mirrors 130.59.0.0/16

The latter itself exhausts the maximal number of elements in the set, so
the error message is normal.

> ipset v6.5: Hash is full, cannot add more elements
> [root@xp1 ~]# ipset -L -terse slow_mirrors
> Name: slow_mirrors
> Type: hash:ip
> Header: family inet hashsize 32768 maxelem 65536
> Size in memory: 1006032
>
> The way I look at it, the "old" iptree(map) type sets should be converted to
> hash:net, not hash:ip to avoid this error.

That's too late, I can't change the mapping from hash:ip to hash:net.
(And if the mapping pointed to hash:net, you were surprised then that
after adding say 192.68.0.0/24 to the set, you couldn't delete 192.68.0.1
from it. :-)

Best regards,
Jozsef
-