Re: [ANNOUNCE] ipset 6.5 released

That's great news! Should I assume that the (more-than-double) hash bug I
reported a while ago has also been fixed?

Yes, it was fixed, the last one ("Fix adding ranges to hash types") covers that.
Thank you Jozsef.

I have quickly tried the new version last night on a freshly compiled kernel (with ipset kernel modules included into the kernel - not as modules though) - the loading performance of "bulk" ranges is much, much better now, though I've got an error when trying to load a set which consisted of just 3 different subnet ranges (that set was using the "old" treemap syntax). When I have some more time - probably later this evening - I will post details of that error (I think it was to do with hashes again).

Also, I don't know whether you will be interested in this, but when I modified ipset 4.5 in order to split the kernel modules from the userspace tool and include these in two separate building streams for my systems, I managed to change ipset 4.5 to enable the use of autogen/automake tools and then the execution of "./configure" as part of building that package. As part of that process I introduced 2 extra "parameters" to it - "--hash-size" and "--max-elements". I could send you this patch to "refresh" the ipset 4.5 version or just have a look at it, if you so desire - just let me know. ipset 4.5 has served me very well since I started using it and was a vital contributor to the improved stability and performance on all my systems.