Re: ipset v6.latest bugs?

I think I understand it now, thanks for the explanation. I hope that you would
be able to fix this bug.

I'm attending an annual conference this week, so it seems I won't have time to work on the bugfix before the weekend, sorry.
No worries, I will be using 4.5 for the time being particularly as I was finally able to integrate it into the kernel (your "patch_kernel" script did the donkey work though :-) ) and I was also able to "convert" ipset 4.5 to use pkgconfig (still testing it though), so when I am more or less done I will be in a position to build (and use!) both generation packages as a standalone software.

I don't really see why you have to split ipset from xtables-addons. What's wrong with the standalone ipset package, what forces you to do so?
I don't actually need xtables-addons for 80% of my boxes, so just building the ipset package was perfect! On those machines I used to compile xtables-addons just because I needed ipset, so it made more sense to use ipset as standalone and save myself the hassle (and some resources too).

I planned to do this for months, but wasn't able to due to time constraints. I can now afford more time and I am glad I was able to finally split it up. I am particularly pleased that I was able to integrate it into the kernel, which saved me another headache of having to deal with the bl**dy buildsys packages on Fedora which were needed to build the kernel modules.